Shipping, Return, and Cancellation Policies
Book Distribution Brand Promise
May 1st, 2019
Free Shipping will be provided to Parent Practicum attendees or visitors to the Classical Conversations booth at a homeschool convention.*
All online BOOK orders (see exclusions below) will be processed and shipped out of our warehouse within three (3) business days. If we fail to meet our promise, then you will receive a $20.00 coupon code** to the Classical Conversations online bookstore.
Exclusions to Promise
Pre-orders, Returns, Acts of God, User Error, Order Modification, Holidays, Items marked "Temporarily Out of Stock" (backorders), CC Merchandise. Essentials of the English Language - Orders of four (4) or more guides are held for family program enrollment confirmation.
* Free Shipping coupon codes will be provided at the event. Coupon codes are for U.S. shipping addresses only.
** $20.00 coupon codes will expire 12/31/2019
Customer Service will not be able to replace any lost Free Shipping coupon codes to customers.
A Classical Conversations standard business day falls between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM (ET) Monday through Friday.
Orders placed on or after 5:00 PM (ET) will be processed the following business day.
Did you know orders over $250 (not comprised of IEW products) receive a 10% discount?
Did you know Classical Conversations now offers FREE Priority Mail Shipping to military bases once an order reaches $100?
Shipping, Return, and Cancellation Policy
- Customer Pickup at 255 Air Tool Dr #2164, Southern Pines, NC 28387. Customers will be offered free pickup at the CC Main Office and Warehouse if the shipping address zip code is between 27242-28394. If you select customer pickup as your shipping option, please look for an email stating your order is ready for pickup before driving to the CC office. Please allow regular processing times for Customer Pickup.
- Priority Mail via US Postal Service. Requires mailing address (street or post office box) for shipping. Priority Mail does not qualify for free shipping unless the package is shipping to a military base. Priority Mail is advertised as 2-3 days for delivery; some customers have reported experiences of 4-5 days. Please remember, choosing Priority Mail Shipping is choosing a faster shipping method. This does not speed up the charging or processing time. Choosing Priority Mail Shipping does not guarantee the order will go to the Shipping Department the same day it is placed.
- UPS SurePost Shipping. Combined UPS and US Postal Service delivery. Delivery can take 2-7 days. Shipping costs are based on an actual rate system. This means that when we ship your order via UPS SurePost, we will be charging the actual rate of the carrier based on the distance from our warehouse in Southern Pines, NC, and the weight of the order. UPS SurePost Shipping is FREE on online orders totaling $175 of shippable items.* We can only apply free shipping to UPS SurePost orders.
- UPS Overnight and Second Day Air Shipping. Overnight means the package will arrive at your designation one day after the order leaves our warehouse. Second Day Air means that the package will take two days to arrive at your address after it leaves our warehouse. UPS does not consider Saturday or Sunday in the calculation of "two days" or "overnight," nor do they consider the day it leaves our warehouse as a traveling day for Second Day Air. Choosing UPS Second Day Air or Overnight Shipping does not guarantee the order will go to the Shipping Department the same day it is placed.
NOTE: Delays of up to three days can occur if the billing information does not match exactly what the bank has on file for the credit card used for payment, or if the name of the Essentials Director is omitted when ordering an Essentials of the English Language Guide.
International Shipping Policy
All International orders will be put on hold by Order Processing for 1 business day before releasing for shipment.
Once the order has left the warehouse, any cancellation or return shipping costs for the following reasons are the responsibility of the customer:
- customer has changed their mind for personal reasons
- customer cancels due to their country’s customs fees/taxes
- any other reason that we do not have control over
- even if there was a free shipping code or discount code offered.
If a product is damaged in shipping, please contact Customer Service for a replacement product.
Should one or more of the items you order be out of stock, we will ship the back orders within 10 business days of those products arriving in our warehouse. Classical Conversations-branded products on back order will ship via the original method chosen by the customer. Other vendor products on back order will ship via UPS-SurePost. If you have a Classical Conversations-branded product and a vendor product on back order and they can be shipped together, we will use the original shipping method as chosen by the customer.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase through our online bookstore, Parent Practicum, or book event, you may return your unused materials (such as books and unopened CDs and DVDs in salable condition), if the item is not a close-out item, within 90 days of the purchase for a full refund of the purchased price and any applicable sales tax. However, shipping costs are not refundable.
Items that cannot be returned:
- Pearson Practice Test Materials
- Downloadable items such as MP3s, PDFs, eBooks, and iPad Apps
- Opened CDs, DVDs, and tin whistles, unless you received them in damaged condition
- Close-out items, which are as-is purchases, with no refunds or exchanges
It may be possible to modify or cancel an order immediately after it is placed. The request must be made prior to the order being in Shipping or Completed status. Note that our Warehouse processes orders and ships them to you as quickly as possible.
During our business hours, you may contact us by phone 910-684-5665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if we are able to modify or cancel your order. If we are unable to modify/cancel your order, please use our return instructions to return item(s) (Exclusions and restrictions may apply).
Group Orders & Discounts
If you return an item from a group order, please include the name of the person who placed the order in the notes section of the Return Information Form. All refunds will be issued to the original purchaser on the order.
If your order qualified for a discount, you will receive a refund for the discounted purchase price of the item on the order.
Classical Conversations materials may be returned for an exchange as long as the item follows the guidelines of our return policy above. Please include the item you would like in exchange for your returned item in the notes section of the Return Information Form. A new order will be created and your return credit applied. A Customer Service representative will contact you to complete your exchange.
Damaged & Defective Materials
If any of your Classical Conversations materials are received damaged or defective, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com. We will contact you to send a replacement for your defective or damaged items.
Please contact us regarding a return by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A Customer Service representative will contact you with a Return Information Form to include with your returned items.
Shipping Your Return
Please pack your return so that the potential for damage will be minimized. We recommend that you consider insuring your package as Classical Conversations is not responsible for loss or damage of your items that occur during return shipping.
Please fill out the Returns Information Form and include it with the items you are returning and mail to:
Returns c/o Classical Conversations
255 Air Tool Drive
Southern Pines NC 28387
If your original order received a quantity or shipping discount and the return amount reduces the total order amount below the discount thresholds, the appropriate shipping costs and/or discount will be deducted from your refund.
 IEW products are not considered in the accumulation of the order to reach a subtotal of $250.00, nor are they eligible for the 10% discount of orders over $250.00. Gift Certificates also are not considered in the accumulation of the order, and gift certificated are not eligible for the 10% discount.
 Address must be an APO or FPO address to qualify for free Priority Mail Shipping to military bases.
 PDF downloads, gift certificates, and other non-shippable items do not apply toward the $175 order for free shipping.
 Free shipping discounts do not apply to international orders or shipments to Hawaii and Alaska. For these areas, actual shipping rates will be applied and charged to the order.