Shipping, Return, and Cancellation Policies
Book Distribution Brand Promise
All online BOOK orders (see exclusions below) will be shipped out of our warehouse within three business days. If we fail to meet our promise, then you will receive a $20 coupon code* to the Classical Conversations online bookstore.
Exclusions to Promise
Preorders, returns, Acts of God, user error, order modification, holidays, items marked “Temporarily Out of Stock” or backorders, non-BOOK orders, annual physical inventory days, orders placed from July 1 - August 31, due to the high volume of orders, and orders that contain Essentials of the English Language products.
- Customer Service will not be able to replace lost coupon codes to customers.
- A Classical Conversations standard business day is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday.
- Orders placed on or after 3 p.m. (ET) will be processed the following business day.
*coupon codes will expire 12/31/2021
Did you know orders over $250 (not comprised of IEW products) receive a 10% discount?
Did you know Classical Conversations now offers FREE Priority Mail Shipping to military bases once an order reaches $100?
Shipping, Return, and Cancellation Policy
- Customer Pickup at 255 Air Tool Dr #2164, Southern Pines, NC 28387. Customers will be offered free pickup at the CC Main Office and Warehouse if the shipping address zip code is between 27242-28394. If you select customer pickup as your shipping option, please look for an email stating your order is ready for pickup before driving to the CC office. Please allow regular processing times for Customer Pickup.
- Priority Mail via US Postal Service. Requires mailing address (street or post office box) for shipping. Priority Mail does not qualify for free shipping unless the package is shipping to a military base. Priority Mail is advertised as 2-3 days for delivery; some customers have reported experiences of 4-5 days. Please remember, choosing Priority Mail Shipping is choosing a faster shipping method. This does not speed up the charging or processing time. Choosing Priority Mail Shipping does not guarantee the order will go to the Shipping Department the same day it is placed.
- UPS SurePost Shipping. Combined UPS and US Postal Service delivery. Delivery can take 2-7 days. Shipping costs are based on an actual rate system. This means that when we ship your order via UPS SurePost, we will be charging the actual rate of the carrier based on the distance from our warehouse in Southern Pines, NC, and the weight of the order. UPS SurePost Shipping is FREE on online orders totaling $175 of shippable items.* We can only apply free shipping to UPS SurePost orders.
- UPS Overnight and Second Day Air Shipping. Overnight means the package will arrive at your designation one day after the order leaves our warehouse. Second Day Air means that the package will take two days to arrive at your address after it leaves our warehouse. UPS does not consider Saturday or Sunday in the calculation of "two days" or "overnight," nor do they consider the day it leaves our warehouse as a traveling day for Second Day Air. Choosing UPS Second Day Air or Overnight Shipping does not guarantee the order will go to the Shipping Department the same day it is placed.
NOTE: Delays of up to three days can occur if the billing information does not match exactly what the bank has on file for the credit card used for payment, or if the name of the Essentials Director is omitted when ordering an Essentials of the English Language Guide.
International Shipping Policy
All International orders will be put on hold by Order Processing for 1 business day before releasing for shipment.
Once the order has left the warehouse, any cancellation or return shipping costs for the following reasons are the responsibility of the customer:
- customer has changed their mind for personal reasons
- customer cancels due to their country’s customs fees/taxes
- any other reason that we do not have control over
- even if there was a free shipping code or discount code offered.
The international shipping options and estimated times are as follows:
UPS Worldwide Shipping Method
|UPS Worldwide Economy||5-8 days|
|UPS Expedited||3-5 days|
|UPS Saver||1-3 days|
If a product is damaged in shipping, please contact Customer Service for a replacement product.
Should one or more of the items you order be out of stock, we will ship the back orders within 10 business days of those products arriving in our warehouse. Classical Conversations-branded products on back order will ship via the original method chosen by the customer. Other vendor products on back order will ship via UPS-SurePost. If you have a Classical Conversations-branded product and a vendor product on back order and they can be shipped together, we will use the original shipping method as chosen by the customer.
Our Return Policy
Returns of approved Classical Conversations merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase for full refund plus any applicable sales tax. Merchandise must be returned in new, unused, and unmarked condition. Shipping costs are not reimbursed.
Items that cannot be returned
- Downloadable items such as MP3s, PDFs, eBooks, and iTunes Apps.
- Opened CDs, DVDs, and tin whistles
- Close-out, Clearance, or Discontinued materials (No refunds or exchanges issued)
- Missing or partial items from combos or sets
Should you need to cancel an order, please contact us immediately after it is placed. However, in order to keep our order processing streamlined, we cannot guarantee any changes to your order once placed. Our warehouse processes orders and ships them to you as quickly as possible.
During our business hours, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (receives higher priority) or by phone at 910-684-5665, and we will let you know the status of your order. If we are unable to cancel your order, please use our return instructions to return any unwanted items (Exclusions and restrictions may apply).
Order Modification Policy
In order to provide the quickest service and help fulfill our Brand Promise (see section above), we cannot make any adjustments to orders once they are submitted for processing. Please be sure to doublecheck your order for correct quantity, items, mailing address, and contact information before submitting your order. If any information is incorrect on your order, we may be able to cancel items or the whole order for orders placed the same day (not including weekends or holidays). Please email Customer Service at email@example.com and include the name on the order and order number.
Returning Your Materials
All returns will need a Return Authorization Number in order to process.
Please contact our Customer Service to initiate your return by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Representative will send return instructions along with a Return Information Form to include in your package. Please write your Return Authorization Number (RAN) on the Return Information Form as well as on the outside of your return package(s).
Group Orders & Discounts
If you return an item from a group order, please include the name of the person who placed the order in the notes section of the Return Information Form. All refunds will be issued to the original purchaser on the order.
If your order qualified for a discount, refunds will reflect the discounted purchase price of the items(s) on the order.
Classical Conversations materials may be returned for an exchange if the items follow the guidelines of our return policy above. Please include the items you would like in exchange for your returned items in the Exchange Information section of the Return Information Form. A new order will be created, and your return credit applied. A Customer Service representative will contact you to complete your exchange and any applicable shipping costs.
Damaged & Defective Materials
We do our best to ensure all our packages and materials arrive in good condition. Despite our best efforts, sometimes materials can arrive damaged or defective. We recommend that you review your packages and materials upon receiving them and email Customer Service at email@example.com within 90 days of your purchase.
Shipping Your Return
Please pack your return so that the potential for damage will be minimized. We recommend that you consider adding insurance to your package as Classical Conversations is not responsible for loss or damage of your items that occur during return shipping. If return materials are received damaged, they are subject to approval and may qualify for partial or no refund.
Damaged, Lost, or Returned to Sender Packages
Occasionally some packages do not arrive to their intended destination as planned. Customer Service will assist where we are able.
Damaged Customer Returns: We will contact you via email or phone to let you know the condition we received the package and discuss return or refund options. If your package is insured, please let us know so we can provide information for a claim.
Lost Returns: We recommend reaching out to the mail provider used to send the package to us.
Returned to Sender: Should your package come back to us Return to Sender, we will need to collect postage due fees before we can reship the package. If you no longer need the package, these fees will be deducted from the refund, if applicable.
Return Process Time
Returns are processed in the order they are received. Please allow 1-2 weeks for entering and processing refunds on your return. During the months of July through October we receive a high volume of returns, which may cause some delays in processing. You will receive an email once your return is processed and your refund credit is complete.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Returns c/o Classical Conversations
255 Air Tool Drive
Southern Pines NC 28387
If your original order received a quantity or shipping discount and the return amount reduces the total order amount below the discount thresholds, the appropriate shipping costs and/or discount will be deducted from your refund.
 IEW products are not considered in the accumulation of the order to reach a subtotal of $250.00, nor are they eligible for the 10% discount of orders over $250.00. Gift Certificates also are not considered in the accumulation of the order, and gift certificated are not eligible for the 10% discount.
 Address must be an APO or FPO address to qualify for free Priority Mail Shipping to military bases.
 PDF downloads, gift certificates, and other non-shippable items do not apply toward the $175 order for free shipping.
 Free shipping discounts do not apply to international orders or shipments to Hawaii and Alaska. For these areas, actual shipping rates will be applied and charged to the order.